Declaration of Protection of Personal Information
In light of the importance of personal information protection, and in order to further improve society’s trust in the Company’s work, the Company will comply with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (the Personal Information Protection Act), the Act on the Use of Numbers to Identify a Specific Individual in Administrative Procedures (the Numbers Act), and other related laws, ordinances, and guidelines, properly handle personal information and personal numbers (Personal Information etc.), and strive to implement the appropriate measures for safety management and prevent leak accidents and unauthorized outflows.
The Company will take initiatives for education and training for employees and thereby work to ensure that proper handling is conducted, such as not using Personal Information for anything other than its purposes. The Company will also promptly handle complaints and consultations related to the handling of Personal Information and appropriately reconsider and improve the Company’s handling of Personal Information and appropriate measures for safety management.
- Handling of Personal Information
The Company will obtain Personal Information within the scope that is necessary for work and by using lawful and fair means.
- Purposes of use of Personal Information
The Company will use obtained Personal Information according to the purposes of use stated in Enclosure 1 “About the Purposes of Use of Personal Information” and Enclosure 2 “About the Purposes of Use of Personal Numbers” and within the necessary scope. Use for other purposes will not be conducted. In addition, if the purposes of use will be changed, such changes will be reported to the relevant person, in principle in writing, and it will be publicly disclosed on the homepage.
- Provision of personal data (excluding personal numbers) to third parties
Excluding the cases below, the Company will not provide personal data (excluding personal numbers) to third parties without the relevant person’s agreement.
(1) Cases based on a law or ordinance
(2) Cases in which provision is necessary for the purpose of the protection of a person’s life, body, or property, and obtaining the relevant person’s agreement is difficult
(3) Cases in which provision is particularly necessary for the purpose of improvement of public health or promotion of sound upbringing of children and obtaining the relevant person’s agreement is difficult
(4) Cases in which it is necessary to cooperate with a national government organization, a local public entity, or a party that has received consignment by such an organization or entity performing clerical work stipulated in a law or ordinance, and there is a possibility that obtaining the relevant person’s agreement would hinder the performance of that clerical work
(5) Other cases in which provision to third parties will be conducted by following the procedures stipulated in the Personal Information Protection Act
- Provision of personal numbers to third parties
Excluding cases stipulated in the Numbers Act, the Company will not provide personal numbers to third parties.
- Handling of sensitive information
For information that requires special consideration for handling so that unjust discrimination, prejudice, or other disadvantages will not arise, such as race, beliefs, social status, medical history, and criminal background (hereinafter referred to as Sensitive Information), the Company will not conduct acquisition, use, or provision to third parties, except in the cases stated below.
(1) Cases based on a law or ordinance, etc.
(2) Cases in which provision is necessary for the purpose of the protection of a person’s life, body, or property
(3) Cases in which provision is particularly necessary for the purpose of improvement of public health or promotion of sound upbringing of children
(4) Cases in which it is necessary to cooperate with a national government organization, a local public entity, or a party that has received consignment by such an organization or entity performing clerical work stipulated in a law or ordinance
(5) Cases in which an employee’s Sensitive Information related to the affiliation with or membership in a government or religious organization or a labor union will be obtained, used, or provided to a third party within the scope that is necessary for performance of something such as clerical work for withholding tax at the source
(6) Cases in which Sensitive Information will be obtained, used, or provided to a third party within the scope that is necessary for work performance, based on the relevant person’s agreement and because of necessity for ensuring appropriate work operation for business
(7) Cases of using biometric information that falls under Sensitive Information for identity verification, based on the relevant person’s agreement
- Safety management measures for personal data
In order to prevent leaks, loss, or damage of handled personal data and otherwise conduct safety management for personal data, the Company will implement security measures by preparing handling regulations related to safety management, preparing an implementation system, storing personal data in an area where entry to and exit from rooms is being managed, and conducting access control so that people other than related parties cannot access it, and it will implement appropriate measures in order to ensure the accuracy and currency that are necessary for achievement of the purposes of use. In addition, in a case in which the Company will consign handling of personal data to an external party, the Company will confirm the information management system of the party to which consignment will be made, and even after consignment the Company will conduct the necessary and appropriate supervision of the consigned party by monitoring its state of work performance.
- About consignment of handling of Personal Information
At the Company, consignment of handling of personal data is conducted in cases such as those below, for example.
(Examples of clerical work that is consigned)
・Work related to various types of consulting work
・Work related to various types of research and data processing
・Work related to planning, developing, and selling various types of products
・Real estate loaning work
・Work related to operation and maintenance of information systems
- Disclosure, correction, or suspension of use of retained personal data, based on the Personal Information Protection Act
If you have a request concerning disclosure, correction, or suspension of use in relation to retained personal data and based on the Personal Information Protection Act, please use the contact information in number 9 below to make an inquiry. The Company will confirm that the person making the request is the person related to the personal data and then conduct procedures. In a case in which, as a result of conducting the necessary investigation, it is found that the information related to the relevant person is inaccurate, the Company will change it to accurate information, based on that result. Please note that, for procedures for things such as disclosure of purposes of use, the Company’s prescribed service charges will be charged.
- Inquiries to the Company
The Company will sincerely and promptly handle complaints and consultations related to handling of Personal Information, etc. If you would like to make an inquiry or consultation concerning the Company’s handling of Personal Information, etc. or concerning retained personal data, please use the contact information below to contact the Company.
Contact information for inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
・AgVenture Lab publicly makes this declaration, as a business operator that handles personal information.
・The fundamental policy for safety management of personal data is included in this declaration.
This Declaration is made in Japanese and translated into English. The Japanese text is the original and the English text is for reference purposes only. If there is any conflict or inconsistency between these two texts, the Japanese text shall prevail.
(Established: May 27, 2019)
(Revised: July 1, 2022)